Do you care about issues such as the environment, equal rights, and animal welfare? Are you ready to leave your commute behind and have your time spent coding be time spent making a difference?
Jackson River is looking for software development professionals (with Drupal experience) to join our product team, developing solutions for our nonprofit engagement platform, Springboard. Springboard is used by clients like the ASPCA, International Rescue Committee, Drug Policy Alliance, and the ACLU to power their digital fundraising and advocacy programs. We are a small, stable company devoted to doing good in the world and fostering a healthy work/life balance for our entire team.
Our product development team employs modern development practices and techniques, such as:
- 6 week production release cycles
- Composer-based builds
- Repeatable local development environments
- Unit and functional test coverage
- Continuous test runs on every opened pull request
- Integration with Product Management, QA, DevOps, and Security teams
- Automation galore
- Drupal module development. This includes writing new modules from scratch as well as working within established custom code to enhance or change existing features.
- Troubleshooting existing bugs, applying security patches, and testing your own work and others.
- Collaborate with product managers to design and estimate new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Building custom integrations between Drupal, CRMs, payment gateways, email marketing systems, internal APIs, and other third-party services.
- Working with project managers to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
- Collaborate and code with fellow developers on major feature initiatives.
- Actively participate in team activities such as code reviews, new feature demos, and retrospectives.
Relevant Skills & Experience
Qualified candidates must have a sound understanding of back-end web development practices and Drupal 6/7/8 module development experience. We’re looking for someone who understands Drupal, but also knows when the “Drupal way” is not the best way. While Drupal is an important aspect of our stack, we’re not beholden to it and will use the right tools and techniques for the job when necessary. You must be open-minded and willing to work around Drupal when it gets in your way.
- 2+ years professional development experience with Drupal versions 6 or greater.
- Experience building custom Drupal modules from specification.
- Knowledgeable about secure coding techniques.
- Comfortable on a command line and familiar with the LAMP stack. Our stack includes: Drupal, Laravel, Lumen, Docker, Composer, CircleCI, ddev, and Codeception.
- Familiarity with Drush and knowledge of how to use it effectively.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities without sacrificing quality of work.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills (ex: excellent follow-through with little supervision).
- Stellar communication skills (this is extremely important for remote teams).
- An excellent sense of humor.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Experience working on enterprise level SAS solutions where security, stability, and performance are top priorities.
- Experience with payment processing technologies and services.
- Experience with other PHP frameworks, Laravel would be plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM platforms.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
- Progressive non-profit or political campaign experience.
Why You’ll love it here
In addition to a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, healthcare, life insurance and 401k, Jackson River employees are happy to have:
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote work environment
- Awesome clients doing good in the world
- Camaraderie with a team of amazing co-workers
- Dedication to a healthy work/life balance for all team members
Sound interesting? Send us your resume and cover letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about us and our awesome work at http://jacksonriver.com.
About Jackson River
Jackson River is a growing, stable, profitable, virtual company that works with select influential non-profit organizations. As a Certified B Corp we’re committed to being a great company for our employees and the world.