Jackson River is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our infrastructure team that builds and maintains the systems that run our non-profit digital engagement platform, Springboard. We are looking for someone who will help support and improve our platform as we scale to meet increasing demand.
Day-to-day, you will be working collaboratively with both infrastructure and application development teams to deploy and operate our systems. You will help build and maintain tools to automate and streamline our operations and processes, make our deployment and testing pipelines more efficient, and to help monitor and analyze day-to-day operations. You will be required to troubleshoot and resolve incidents as they occur, as well as implement preventative solutions.
- 2+ years of DevOps or sysadmin experience supporting web applications
- Experience with cloud architectures
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Fearless and composed when troubleshooting incidents under pressure
- Willingness to participate in our after-hours pager rotation
- Strong communication skills and a passion for providing excellent service to both internal and external clients
- Experience working with and supporting a remote team
- Problem-solving attitude
Bonus points awarded for:
- Having an area of interest or focus to bring to the team, e.g. information security, database administration, performance testing, building automation tools
- Experience supporting PHP applications (LAMP stack or similar)
- Experience with on-call schedules or after-hours support responsibilities
- Experience working on infrastructure that supports software-as-a-service (SaaS), and an understanding of the challenges of maintaining a multi-tenant solution
Why You'll love it here
In addition to a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, healthcare, life insurance and 401k, Jackson River employees are happy to have:
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote work environment
- Awesome clients doing good in the world
- Camaraderie with a team of amazing co-workers
- Dedication to a healthy work/life balance for all team members
Sound interesting? Send us your resume and cover letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate to email@example.com.
Read more about us and our awesome work at http://jacksonriver.com.
About Jackson River
Jackson River is a growing, stable, profitable, virtual company that works with select influential non-profit organizations. As a Certified B Corp we're committed to being a great company for our employees and the world.